Shove Ha'penny Epsilon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shove Ha'penny Epsilon

Welcome!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Donating Resources versus Trading Resources

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Soupy

Soupy

Donating Resources versus Trading Resources Empty
PostSubject: Donating Resources versus Trading Resources   Donating Resources versus Trading Resources I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 8:34 am

Just wanted to put this on here for all of the new members not familiar with the rules of the game:

DONATING RESOURCES:
Players with MORE points than another player can DONATE as many resources (wood, sulfur, crystal, etc.) as they want to the player with fewer points as often as they want without penalty from the Game Moderators/Administrators. This is called "pulling"; you are "pulling" (helping) the player with FEWER points up to your level.

Players with fewer points than another player can NEVER DONATE resources. This is called "pushing" and can get one (usualy the player with more points) or both, banned from the game.

TRADING RESOURCES:
Any player; regardless of points can trade with another player. It must be a 1:1 trade at minumum, but players can negotiate any trade ratio they wish.

Hope this is all clear as mud to everyone now.
Back to top Go down
Soupy

Soupy

Donating Resources versus Trading Resources Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donating Resources versus Trading Resources   Donating Resources versus Trading Resources I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:15 am

Other ways of "Pushing":

TRADING RESOURCES:
I dont think I made it very clear in the previous post. The minimum trade must be 1:1. But lets say that I want to trade with some one who has LOWER points than me (ex. I want to trade Lumber for the other players Crystal). I cannot make a 1:2 trade (meaning I trade 1 Lumber for every 2 Crystal). That is a form of "Pushing" because I have more points than the other player and am getting an unfair advantage in the trade. What would be appropriate and fair would be for me and the player to make a 1:1 trade or a 2:1 trade (meaning I give 2 Lumber for each Crystal).

PURCHASING RESOURCES:
You must purchase or sell resources at a "reasonable" price. Lets say that a player has some Wine I want to purchase and I have more points that the other player. Well that other player is a good friend of mine and wants to help me out and offers to sell me as much of the wine as I would like for 1 gold piece each. This could be seen as a form of "Pushing". Especially if this is repeated over and over again.

Another example of this:
Lets say that I am at war with someone and I need gold to keep the fighting going (in order to maintain my army). I have a friend/alliance member (with fewer points than me) who has a huge surplus of gold. Well I need to get rid of all these resources that I have pillaged, so I contact my friend to see if he would be willing to buy these resources from me. My friend is more than willing to help out and wants to give me a huge deal so I can get the most gold out of the resources I have; and he says he will buy the resources for 50 gold each and sends is Trade Ships out to purchase them from my Trading Post... This can be considered another form of "Pushing". Again, especially if this is repeated over and over again.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND... There is nothing wrong with selling or purchasing your resources to/from a player with fewer points than you. There just can be no "impression" of an unfair advantage for the person with MORE points. I cannot find anything in the rules that states how much gold is an "unfair advantage". I would say you are safe if you are purchasing and selling resources somewhere between 5-10 gold each.
Back to top Go down

Donating Resources versus Trading Resources
Page 1 of 1