Shove Ha'penny Epsilon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shove Ha'penny Epsilon

Welcome!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Advice on Ships

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BeardedBee

Advice on Ships Empty
PostSubject: Advice on Ships   Advice on Ships I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 10:36 am

Can I have some advice on which ships I should purchase, please?Smile
Back to top Go down
Soupy

Soupy

Advice on Ships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on Ships   Advice on Ships I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:08 pm

Unfortunately, it is all up to personal taste and how you want your navy to look and how much you are willing to spend. When it comes to battle and defense, you can never have enough. At the bare bones minimum, you need one ship in every harbour you own. In reality, you purchase enough to not go bankrupt.

I am a big fan of Fire ships. they are fast, cheap to buy, cheap to maintain, have good accuracy and can do decent damage. Granted they will not do the damage that a Paddle Ram will do, but I can almost buy double the Fire ships compared to paddle rams.

I also like Ballista ships, they are fast, more accurate than mortars or catapults and do more hull damage when ramming (than a mortar or catapult ship) when the ammunition runs out, they are also cheaper to buy and cheaper to maintian.

As for how many I have. I generally keep 20-30 total ships in each of my harbors. In my home harbor I also have some paddle rams and Dive boats for offense when I think I may need to blockade a harbor.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
BeardedBee

Advice on Ships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on Ships   Advice on Ships I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:54 pm

Thank you for the quick and informative advice:)

I shall invest in Fire Ships.. Do I need long range ships as a necessity, just like land battle ranged troops?
Back to top Go down
Soupy

Soupy

Advice on Ships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on Ships   Advice on Ships I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 4:18 pm

Sorry I took so long to answer this one.

I prefer ballista ships to anything else for ranged fire from ships. They are fast, cheap, accurate and have five rounds that they can fire.
Back to top Go down
BeardedBee

Advice on Ships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on Ships   Advice on Ships I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 2:52 am

No problem.

Bally ships it is:) ty very much for the advice.
Back to top Go down
Soupy

Soupy

Advice on Ships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on Ships   Advice on Ships I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 1:13 am

Just remember, start out small and work your way up as your city grows. I found out the hard way when I first started. Trying to build some huge army and armada and went broke REALLY fast trying to maintain all of them. Razz
Back to top Go down
BeardedBee

Advice on Ships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on Ships   Advice on Ships I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 1:05 pm

I know it's tempting, but I foresee the bank-breaking consequences:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Advice on Ships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on Ships   Advice on Ships I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advice on Ships
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shove Ha'penny Epsilon :: ShoHa Epsilon Board :: ShoHa General Forum-
Jump to: