Shove Ha'penny Epsilon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shove Ha'penny Epsilon

Welcome!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Questions about Fleet Contact

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Soupy

Soupy

Questions about Fleet Contact Empty
PostSubject: Questions about Fleet Contact   Questions about Fleet Contact I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 9:15 am

We have recently had the unfortunate event of losing some of our alliance members due to "Fleet Contact". I have been posting questions and grips on the Ikariam Board over this issue and I am afraid to say that the judgement from the Game Administrators/Moderators/Designers to permanently ban is final.

I have posted a copy of the ruling on "Multi-Accounting" and felt it was very vague, so I questioned some more on the Ikariam Boards. I have included a very basic synopsis of the answers to my questions here. I hope this helps and if you have more questions about Fleet Contact, please feel free to ask these questions on the Ikariam Board page. I would love to know the answer to them as well.

QUOTED DIRECTLY FROM THE IKARIAM RULES PAGE:
I. Multi-Accounting

Each player is allowed to control no more then a single account per World (Server).

If two or more accounts are usually, occasionally, or permanently being played from the same network a GameOperator must be notified, without exception. In these cases the accounts must not have fleet contact while on the same connection.

Fleet Contact includes but is not limited to:

Trading.

Purchasing goods through the trading post.

Defending or attacking a town

Joint raids.

So I asked the following questions to the Board and this is the information I got back (and how my small brain interprets them):

Q: What if I play ikariam at work, school and home? Is this considered fleet contact?

A: My understanding of this now is that if you play on multiple computers you must remember this one important rule... Lets say I am on my home computer and send troops to attack someone or send resources to someone. Then I log off and go to work. I CANNOT log onto Ikariam from work until I absolutely know than all of my attacks are completed and trade ships have returned or this could be seen as Fleet Contact. It makes it look like there are several people working the same account...

Q: What if my son wants to play ikariam and we use the same computer? This question can also be used in the case of room mates using the same computer.

A: This is fine, but you MUST let the Game Moderators AND Game Administrators know and get verification that they are aware of this. THEN you must still make sure that ANY trading, raids or battles are finished by one person BEFORE the other can log onto the computer. Because this will look like one person has two accounts on the same server (i.e. two different user names for the Epsilon Server).

Another suggestion they gave for this is to just have each person in the home play on a different server. ( Both of you play on different "worlds", for example Epsilon and Theta)

Q: So what if my brother/friend and I both play ikariam on the same server and I go to his house (or vice versa) and log onto ikariam there? Is this Fleet Contact?

A: See the first question. The only addition to this is that once you go to your friends house/family members house that plays on the same server; you MUST make sure that any trading, raids and battles are finnished from BOTH of your accounts before you can log onto the computer at your friends/family members home computer. You also CANNOT make ANY trades or troop movements between your towns and your friends/family members towns while you are using thier own home computer.

Last edited by Soupy on Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:59 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated to reflect the most current understanding of the rules.)
Back to top Go down
Dennis P

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Fleet Contact   Questions about Fleet Contact I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 10:18 am

Glad you got that clarified!
Now can you translate it into simple terms or English, lol.
Just Kidding, mate.
Back to top Go down
Freddy

Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Fleet Contact   Questions about Fleet Contact I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 11:15 pm

Hmmmm.......I may be in violation of this rule!! Should I contact a GO or mod, as I mainly use my laptop, at work, but when I am out and about I log in on my phone and check on things, and do the odd upgrade, i only have the one account, but on my phone I travel with work, so I may be 400km's away from my original ip adress when I log on.
I dont want to be banned for doing the wrong thing when I am just trying to keep up with my upgrades.
Back to top Go down
pjcoutts6n5eights

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Fleet Contact   Questions about Fleet Contact I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 5:23 am

the mrs and myself have been using the same computer for about a year now, (alpha server) we have observed all the rules.. contacted GOs, no trading, helping each other out with fighting etc and have had no dramas but according to those rules we should have been banned (again) ages ago, if she logs out i usually log right in, whether she has trades/troops moving or not and vice versa, we are even in the same alliance and often hit people at the same time (but never the same player/town).

shhh, dont tell anyone (ive only just got back upto 160k Ts and dont fancy starting again lol).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Fleet Contact   Questions about Fleet Contact I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions about Fleet Contact
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shove Ha'penny Epsilon :: ShoHa Epsilon Board :: ShoHa General Forum-
Jump to: